From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE : PersistenceManager & Mapper interface API
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 14:47:26 GMT
2005/9/7, Martin Koci <martin.koci@aura.cz>:
> Right, such algorithm may work only for predefined node types and custom
> node types. And only if there is such node type to POJO mapping only
> once (in mapping xml).
>
> What about special property - JCR spec uses special properties for many
> occasions (jcr:primaryType, jcr: mixinTypes, ...). We can use property
> named e.g. 'jcrMapping:pojoClassName' and store there name of POJO class.

why not but it should be optional. I would like to use this mapping
framework with JCR repo which are running for a long time without this
kind of "system" properties (but maybe it is a dream :-) ).

Why it is difficult for you to have the object class ? I expect that
you cast the object returned by the getObject method - no ?
eg.

Document myDoc = (MyDoc) pm.getObject(Document.class, path);
it is almost the same as
Document myDoc = (MyDoc) pm.getObject( path);

Let me think about that before taking a decision and all ideas are welcome
Christophe