From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject Integrating Graffito in Jetspeed-2 as PageManager for PSML
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 07:30:17 GMT
Graffito Dev Team,

For those that do not recognize me, I am a committer on the J2 portal team.

Although I have been threatening to do this for some time, I am finally
getting started on the integration of Graffito into J2 as a PageManager
component. The intent is to store the PSML that currently resides in the
file system in Graffito as XML documents. We will also want to leverage
many of Graffito's features in the J2 implementation, including security
and modification notification/timestamps.

There are new patches to the J2 svn HEAD version related to Connection
management, (see JS2-326), that should allow us to update the J2
deployment past the M3 support currently in place.

My personal goal is to commit this optional component into J2 for M4.

Of course, many thanks for developing, managing, and promoting Graffito.

Randy Watler