From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jcr-mapping] persistence of the mapping model
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:57:57 GMT
2005/8/2, Sandro Böhme <sandro.boehme@gmx.de>:
> Christophe Lombart wrote:
>
> >+0 because I think tools like Digester is so simple to use in such case.
> >Please, make a small document on the xml schema to use for the mapping.
> >
> >Christophe.
> >

> Do I understand it right, that you vote +0 for XML-schema and Digester
> is simple to use with
> XML-schema?
> What should the document contain?

No - Let me resume why I'm agains tools like XmlBeans, JAXB, ... and
XML schema :
* Thoses tools are generating java classes and sometime it is
difficult to change the class object structure. We will have a few
number of java classes to read the config file. So write by hand
thoses classes is not a big deal. Futhermore, using a pre-processing
in order to just read a simple config file is a little bit heavy - no
:-) ?
* The mapping file should be very simple - I hope it will be otherwise
the framework will not be used :-). So, a simple DTD is sufficiant.
Xml schema becomes interesting for more complex grammar. See
Jackrabbit, Hibernante, OJB, ... all these frameworks are using very
simple DTD.
* We need to read the mapping file and cache it in memory (in an
object graph). So, Digester is (for me) one of the best tools to do
it. Others framework become interesting when your update the xml file
content.
* See http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Digester/WhyUseDigester.

Give 2 days, I hope to commit a small example (before my upcoming vacations).

Christophe