From Sandro Böhme <sandro.boe...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [jcr-mapping] persistence of the mapping model
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:03:41 GMT
Christophe Lombart wrote:

>>+1 for Digester if you don't need XML Schema support, +1 for XMLBeans
>>if we need it
>>

>+1

Do you vote +1 for both, Digester and XML Beans also dependent on the
Schema support?

What do you both think about the exchangability of the library?

>>I think we don't necessarily need XML Schema support because I believe
>> the mapping config xml file will not change very often (maybe during
>> development...)

>Same opinion
I'm not sure if the mapping specification is really stable or if it will
get stable quite fast.

Pro XML-schema:
o Easier to keep the allowed XML structure in sync with the mapping model.
o The user can validate their XML file with the XML schema and we don't need
very much error handling in the application. I assume that XML schema can
validate more than Digester can because the schema knows the types, structure
and cardinality <se?lp=ende&p=/Mn4k.&search=cardinality>. But I don't know very
much about digester, so I could be
wrong.

Regards,

Sandro