From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal : Graffito/J2 portlet framework
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 21:53:18 GMT
On 5/17/05, Markus Joschko <markus.joschko@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds cool. I read you are using spring. So you might want to have a
> look at the spring webflow framework for the wizards. That allows for
> declarative configuration of flows.

Yes that seems to be the same idea (for the wizards). Anyway, I found
the Spring MVC portlet framework too complex (or maybe it is due to
the fact that there is no simple examples).

> Another topic: I'm subscribed now on your mailinglist for quite some
> time. I hoped to get an impression of the current state of graffito
> (as I have very limited time in the moment I refused to setup jetspeed
> and graffito to test it). But as the mailinglist is very quite I still
> don't have a clue what the status of graffito is. Is there something
> substantial yet or are you in a conceptiual state? That means, is
> graffito as a framework usable or is there still a lot of work to be
> done? How many commiters are on the project?

Graffito provides nice portlets to view/manage the content tree. it is
already integrated with JAAS and the J2 security services. it is also
integrated with an HTML editor (kupu).
We are working on JCR integration and finalizing the current portlets.
We plan also to support other content server (Webdav, ...). I think
Graffito is providing a very simple api.

Later, we plan to add workflow and version management. J2 integration
is almost done. A graffito implementation will be  implemented for the
Jetspeed 2 page manager.

On the top of that, you should see later application like forums, news
management, articles management, ... but all of this is not yet ready
to use in production.

Christophe