From Sandro Böhme <s.boe...@inovex.de>
Subject Re: JCR mapping // proof of concept
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2005 07:25:47 GMT
Hello Christophe,

 >>> suggest to used a mapping config file (like OJB or Hibernate) which
 >>> will can gives more flexibility for the mapping  (like using proxies,
 >>> ...). What do you think about that ?
 >>

 >> You are absolutely right, not every property of an JCR item is
 >> mappable to a Java bean class or property. Therefore we need to
 >> specify the additional JCR properties.
 >>
 >> Because Java beans and properties are mapped to node types you change
 >> beans in the same context where you change node types. This is why I
 >> would prefer to maintain the jcr properties and bean properties in a
 >> single point - the class file. I will try to use x-doclet to specify
 >> e.g. the jcr-"value constraints" for a bean property (Maybe we can
 >> later use XMI to support "real" MDA). It should then be possible to
 >> completely maintain the nodetypes only with class files.
 >> In short term I can only create new nodetypes out of classfiles
 >> because I think it will not be an easy task to migrate nodes from one
 >> type to another and maybe user input or converter classes are needed.
 >>
 > How do you see the notype management in this framework ? it is not clear
 > for me what you plan to do, can you give more details ?
Nodetype management is for me, what I described in the paragraph. It's
creating nodetypes out of bean classes at the moment. Later, modifying
nodetypes out of bean classes would also fit in this category. But as we
would need to have a mechanism to migrate the nodes from one type to
another this might get more difficult.

 >>> * Please use maven and not ant, it is used by all projects in the asf
 >>> portal area. If you install maven, JAAS config is setup for you when
 >>> running the unit test. See the file maven.xml. By this way, you can
 >>> drop your hard coding on your own config folders.
 >>

 >> In the project where I can hopefully integrate the mapping we can only
 >> use ant. So I need to find a solution for ant and maven.
 >

 > Let's start with ant and I will migrate your ant tasks in Maven. We will
 > see later this issue.
Thank you for offering me your help!

Best regards,

Sandro