From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Getting Graffito to work with Jetspeed-2-M2 and Oracle9i
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 20:58:30 GMT

Christophe Lombart wrote:
> Ate Douma wrote:
>
>> Hello Team,
>>
>> I thought I'd like to see how Graffito was progressing and started
>> building it this morning
>> while trying to get it to work with Oracle9i (my primary db) and the
>> new Jetspeed-2.0-M2.
>>
>> Well, that took some time...
>> I'd like to help out with the project and can provide numerous
>> fixes/patches but my time
>> for today is already running out (I've hacked my way through getting
>> it to work, my changes
>> need cleanup before they can be committed).
>>
>> But, I'd like to mention a few of the issues I encountered:
>>
>> - Mapping java.sql.Date/java.util.Date to SQL TIMESTAMP fails on
>> Oracle (ClassCastException)
>>   CmsObject.creationDate and CmsObject.lastModified are mapped as
>> TIMESTAMP but in the java
>>   implementation they are defined as java.util.Date.
>>   And in several locations these are furthermore filled with
>> java.sql.Date instances.
>>   As I expect you would like to store the full time part I modified
>> the CmsObject interface
>>   to use java.sql.Timestamp for these fields instead (and adjusted all
>> usages accordingly)
>

> Code has been updated
I saw the commit messages come in already ;-)

>> - Blob usage on Oracle
>>   OJB 1.0.1 doesn't handle Blob fields on Oracle. I've upgraded to OJB
>> 1.0.2 (1.0.3 doesn't
>>   work with the version of Spring used for Graffito).
>

> project has been updated  to use  OJB 1.0.2 et Spring 1.1.5.
> David, can you add OJB 1.0.2 in your maven repo. it is not present in
> the ASF maven repo.
>
>> - Mapping of CmsObject.owner and CmsObject.language are defined
>> required in the schema but
>>   not always filled in in the testcases. As I didn't think it should
>> be required I made them
>>   optional (wondering how you can get past this on mysql though)
>

> Can you give more info ? which unit test ?
> I tested with  TestContentModelService. If I drop setter methods for
> owner & language, this unit test failed.
I don't remember anymore exactly, I'll have to rerun them with these field
required again (Sorry: don't have time right now to do so, but will try to
think of it. Probably from mid next week I'll have time again to look at it).

> FYI, I want to make a proposal to change a little bit the Graffito
> object model to gives more flexibility and build custom model depending
> on the application needs.
>
>> - project/build.properties are not complete. I was missing the
>> following properties in the
>>   sample-build.properties (but they are included in
>> site/build.properties.txt):
>>     org.apache.portals.graffito.database.ojb.plateform (note the
>> typing error for platform)
>>     org.apache.portals.graffito.database.ojb.datasource
>>
> Typing error fixed.
> Drop duplicated file : sample-build.properties.
> trunk/site/xdoc/build.properties.txt is the correct one (used to build
> the Graffito site) .
> Graffito site will be updated.
>
> Let me know if you still have some issues.
As I said, I'll test it out for sure sometime next week.
I'll try to provide patches then too for configuring Oracle database usage.

Regards, Ate