From sboe...@inovex.de
Subject RE: JCR mapping // proof of concept
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:05:12 GMT
Hello,

to Christophe and Oliver I sent (hopefully all) the files for a proof of concept
of three usecases for the JCR Mapping(I could not sent it to the mailing list
because it does not allow attachments):
1. Registering custom nodetypes according to a Java Bean model.
2. Persist a Java Bean.

==>1. Creating the custom nodetypes is realized with JAXB.  The
BeanConverter class maps the Java structure to the
nodetype structure and marshalls the custom_nodetypes.xml to the
configured nodetype folder. I attached the /lib folder
with the jaxb libraries, a XML schema and the command line call (in the
generateNodeTypeDTD.bat file) if somebody want
to generate a new custom_nodetypes.xml file. I did not check the schema
against the spec yet, because it will change anyway.
Once the definition of the custom_nodetypes.xml file is stable, I would
like to create an Ant target and a seperate library
for generating custom nodetypes out of Java Beans.

==>2. Persisting simply works like that:
    PersistenceManager pm = new PersistenceManager(session);
    String relPath = pm.insert(folder);

        Folder loadedFolder = (Folder) pm.getObject(relPath);

All information for reading and writing a bean can be gained by the
class itself except the path where the
object is stored in the repository. This path acts like a unambiguous
database id.

++ limitations ++
o no complex properties can be saved (Folder.getDocument())
o collections are not yet supported
o deletion is not yet supported
o only the basic JCR Types (String, boolean,...) and java.util.Date are
supported
o the bean converter is not yet adapted to Graffito converter handling
o mixin's/Interfaces are not yet supported

++ next steps ++
o much more test cases need to be added and I'm sure according bug's
need to be fixed ;-)
o also delete the data created in the test cases
o pm.update and pm.delete() need to be added
o more atomic types (like Character,...) need to be added
o support for complex types
o support for collections
o support for interfaces
o make the namespace "graffito" configurable
o support for JCR features like searching, versioning,...
o creating an Ant target for registering Java classes as nodetypes
o refactor some responsibilties and names of some classes
o ...

++ configuration ++
I don't think it is ready for check in because the configuration is not
very clean at the
moment. I needed to delete the repository data (repotest/versions and
repotest/workspaces/default)
in order to get the tests to run. I've not very much experience with
maven. Your information for this
issue are very much appreciated.

Please tell me your opinions about all this. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Sandro

Zitat von LOMBART Christophe <Christophe.LOMBART@sword-technologies.com>:

> No problem. I'm working on other area.
>
> Christophe

jcr-mapping/src/test/org/apache/portals/graffito/jcr/session/impl/JcrSessionTest.java