From St├ęphane Croisier <scroisi...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: Why not using Magnolia
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:03:27 GMT
At 11:10 18/03/2005, Michael Wechner wrote:
>>I can't tell for sure whether the licenses of Apache and Magnolia can go
>>together.
>
>AFAIK Magnolia uses LGPL and this might not work out to all ends in the
>combination with the Apache license.

To be clearer: http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/Using_20LGPL_27d_20code

1. Using LGPL'd licensed works at Apache
1.1. Can I use an LGPL'd licensed work at Apache?
No.
1.2. Please?
Nope.

;-)

>Also AFAIK Obinary (who started Magnolia in the first place and I guess
>still owns the copyright) is creating new software which seems to be based
>on so-called collaborative
>source licenses which are not OSI certified and can cause conflicts.

Not mixing things with Jahia? But if Magnolia plans/wants to use a
collaborative/fair source license paradig, they are welcome. But that's not
the topic here. Of course we all need to speak about some Apache license
compliant code contributions here...

St├ęphane