From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@sword-technologies.com>
Subject Re: JCR mapping - step 2
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:23:17 GMT
Sandro Böhme wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Christophe Lombart wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I commited a small prototype (basic foundation to work together) for
>> the JCR mapping framework. See in the jcr-mapping subproject.
>>
>> Currently, it works like this :
>> * There is a converter class/cms object registered in a config file
>> (see a example in jcr-mapping\src\conf\convertertest\converters.xml).
>> This config file is very simple for this prototype.
>> * A simple converter class can be found in
>> org.apache.portals.graffito.jcr.testconverter.
>> * It is possible to use custom JCR nodetypes or unstructured nodes.
>> This prototype is based on a node type called "graffito:folder"
>> * Check the
>> jcr-mapping/src/test/org/apache/portals/graffito/jcr/session/impl/JcrSessionTest.java

>> <cid:part1.02050001.08030303@sword-technologies.com>to get more info
>>
>> What about the next step  ? I think the following steps should be
>> interesting :
>> * Add search capabilities
>> * More unit tests
>> * Build a more generic converter class. I'm thinking about a more
>> advanced config file.  Something like :
>>
>> <converters>      <converter class="org.mycmsframework.Folder"
>> converterClass="org.apache.portals.graffito.jcr.converter.GenericConverter"
>> nodetype="graffito:folder" >
>>             <attributes>
>>                   <attribute name="description" />
>>                         <propertyNode name="graffito:description" />
>>                   </attribute>
>>             <attributes>
>>             <!-- add associations here -->        <converter>
>> </converters>
>>
>> * Any volonteer to continue this work ? Again, the code is still a
>
> yes, I would like to create a bean converter class at the weekend.

ok - what do you mean about my config file proposal ?

If you plan to build a generic converter, I advise you to use
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/commons-beanutils-1.7.0
which is a very nice tools for reflection .
There is a small example in the Graffito browser application (see the
BeanUtil class).