From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@sword-technologies.com>
Subject JCR mapping - step 2
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:16:46 GMT
Hi all,

I commited a small prototype (basic foundation to work together) for the
JCR mapping framework. See in the jcr-mapping subproject.

Currently, it works like this :
* There is a converter class/cms object registered in a config file (see
a example in jcr-mapping\src\conf\convertertest\converters.xml). This
config file is very simple for this prototype.
* A simple converter class can be found in
org.apache.portals.graffito.jcr.testconverter.
* It is possible to use custom JCR nodetypes or unstructured nodes.
This prototype is based on a node type called "graffito:folder"
* Check the
jcr-mapping/src/test/org/apache/portals/graffito/jcr/session/impl/JcrSessionTest.java
<cid:part1.02050001.08030303@sword-technologies.com>to get more info

What about the next step  ? I think the following steps should be
interesting :
* Add search capabilities
* More unit tests
* Build a more generic converter class. I'm thinking about a more
advanced config file.  Something like :

<converters>
    <converter class="org.mycmsframework.Folder"
converterClass="org.apache.portals.graffito.jcr.converter.GenericConverter"
nodetype="graffito:folder" >
             <attributes>
                   <attribute name="description" />
                         <propertyNode name="graffito:description" />
                   </attribute>
             <attributes>
             <!-- add associations here -->
     <converter>
</converters>

* Any volonteer to continue this work ? Again, the code is still a
*prototype* and you are welcome to send us patches, comments, new
enhancements, ...  I'm going to create a new component in JIRA.

Thanks,
Christophe