From Sandro Böhme <s.boe...@inovex.de>
Subject Re: JCR integration proposal
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:51:56 GMT
Hi Oliver,

from all I know only defining, creating and managing of node types is
not part of the specification. So you are right, registering of
nodetypes in the repository is specific for every repository. But once I
have the nodetypes - reading, introspection and writing should be
similar in every repository implementation. Nobody should need to change
the code for the runtime classes of an application if the implementation
of the JCR was changed. Only the registration of the nodetypes at design
time would be different. Or do I miss something here?

 > I think that a JDO approach is beyond the scope and capabilities of
 > JCR and was not meant for it.
Of course it is beyond the scope. But I think it would be useful in a
real live application anyway.

regards,

Sandro