From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@sword-technologies.com>
Subject JCR integration proposal
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:54:06 GMT
Hi All,

I would like to start the JCR integration into Graffito.  This is a
summary on how I see this integration :

* I want to leave our persistence service as it is. I don't want to
replace it by a new JCR implementation. I don't want to change the
Graffito API which is *very* simple to use. I see only some minor
changes in the version & search services.
* JCR integration can be made with a new implementation for the
org.apache.portals.graffito.store.ContentStore and a new Server class
(eg. org.apache.portals.graffito.model.JCRServer).
* I would like to create a new subproject which will contains a JCR
mapping framework. The goal of this framework is to store any java beans
(CmsObject) in a JCR repository.This framework will be used by the JCR
ContentStore implementation and if needed,  can be used outside the
Graffito engine. After a lot of discussion on that topic, I would like
to start with a very simple solution  based on a converter class for
each CmsObject types (Document, Folder, ...). So if a new CmsObject
class is required for a custom application, the developer has to write a
new JCR converter class. Later, we can write more advanced/generic
converter implementations based on introspection or similar techniques.

What do you think about that ?
Do you have some ideas, comments for such JCR mapping framework ? Is it
make sense for you ?

Regards,
Christophe