From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@sword-technologies.com>
Subject Re: Mapping of Items
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:27:27 GMT

or a framework like http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/.
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/betwixt/ should be also interesting.

>> what we can do together. I hope to make a proposal to this mailing asap.
>> Your ideas are interesting and we are working in the same way. If you
>> have not a lot of time, please check what Oliver did and give us your
>> point of view.
>> Giving your own point of view is already a great contribution.
>>
>> What about the JCR node types ? Node type management seems for myself
>> the most unclear area when we are speaking about mapping java beans
>> to a JCR repo.
>
> Does node type management mean for you to maintain the mapping between
> the two structures (use case e)? If yes, at the moment I don't have an
> idea how to handle that, because I think it is not an easy part. This
> is why I would think about it when I have done some basic work. As a
> pragmatic solution maybe we can do the maintenance of the mapping
> without an automatism at the first step.
>
>> It should be nice to give some flexibilty : either the object gragh
>> is serialised in a unstructurred set of nodes or is serialised by
>> following mapping rules defined in a file (something like in ORM
>> tools : OJB, ....)
>> What do you think about that ?
>
> As I have no idea yet what the advantage of the mapping rules is, I
> would vote for unstructured nodes.

It just an idea :-)  for this interesting brainstorming.
Well, in a descriptor it should be possible to map each java bean
properties to nodes in the repo
    eg.:
             <class="org.apache.portals.graffito.model.Folder"
nodeType="....">
                      <attribute name="..."    .... />

                      <associaction name="documents" ..../>
             </class>
OR
use nt:unstructured with reflection but in a such case, the repo cannot
check if it is a valid content type.