From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Why not using Lenya
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:03:09 GMT
Stéphane Croisier wrote:
> Just a basic question:
>
> Why not using Apache Lenya (which is also migrating to Jackrabbit)
> rather than incubating still another CMS framework/project on top of
> Apache and spliting the community effort?
>
> Cheers,
> Stéphane

Hi Stéphane ,

When we started this project we looked at Cocoon and didn't find it
satifactorily to our needs:

- easy, smart, standard integration with portals (portlets) + CMS
- a simple URI space for heterogeneous integration of CMS into a portal
space
- not tied any of the older Jakarta projects such as Turbine or Cocoon

Our goal is to develop Graffito portlet applications such as CMS
browsers, editors, in an open way and provide these portlets to the
developers in the community who need to develop CMS/portal solutions. We
found this to be a good area to expand the Apache Portals community.

Also, Christophe and I have been working with this project for a long
time now. When we started, Lenya did not exist at Apache.

Hope that helps explain what we are doing here and our goal is not to
split the community at all and we welcome you to discuss this further
and maybe we can find some common ground

Regards,

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software