From "DerShung Yang" <dersh...@bridge53.com>
Subject Jetspeed deployment issue
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:23:51 GMT
Hi, I just started trying to get Graffito up and running on my machine and
ran into some problem deploying Graffito into Jetspeed 2.  Basically, the
current version of maven.xml in graffito/jetspeed2-deploy does a direct copy
of src/assembly/jetspeed-spring.xml into the deployed Jetspeed directory
(webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/assembly).  However, the jetspeed-spring.xml in
Graffito seems out of date compared to the latest one from Jetspeed, causing
some conflicts at runtime.

I was able to fix this problem by modifying
graffito/jetspeed2-deploy/maven.xml so that it dynamically inserts the two
Graffito entries (i.e., ContentServer and ContentModel) into the deployed
jetspeed-spring.xml.  The modified maven.xml also has some rudimentary
protection against re-insertion for re-deployment by checking if the word
“graffito” is already present in the jetspeed-spring.xml file.  Not a
perfect solution, but should alleviate some of the issues associated with
static file copying.  The modified maven.xml is attached.

I’m finally able to get the Graffito content browser portlet running inside
of Jetspeed 2, although the buttons to add either folders or documents don’t
work yet (I’ll continue digging into that problem).  Anyway, I thought I
might share my two cents.  With limited exposure to Graffito, I hope this
fix makes sense.  Or if there’s better way to handle this, please let me
know.

I don’t know if this is the right venue to communicate this type of issues.
Or should I use Jira?

Thanks,
DerShung Yang
dershung@bridge53.com