From "DerShung Yang" <dersh...@bridge53.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed deployment issue
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:51:29 GMT
Christophe, indeed I'm using 5.0.28.  I'll upgrade to 5.0.30 and give it a
try.

Thanks a lot for figuring this out!

DerShung

-----Original Message-----
From: Christophe Lombart [mailto:christophe.lombart@sword-technologies.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 4:09 PM
To: graffito-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Jetspeed deployment issue

DerShung,

Now it works for me :-)
It seems to be a tomcat issue with the autoDeploy parameter. There is a
bug in Tomcat 5.0.28. The autoDeploy parameter is not using correctly in
this version.
With Tomcat 5.0.30, Graffito deployement into Jetspeed works like a
charm on my PC.  You don't have to change something, autoDeploy is set
to true by default (see in the server.xml)
Can you tell me which tomcat version are you using ?

I don't advise you to use tomcat 5.5.x, this version provides other
issues with J2.

Christophe

Christophe Lombart wrote:

> DerShung Yang wrote:
>
>> Just FYI that I posted the classloader issue on Jira, along with my
>> analysis, although I don't know how to resolve it yet.  I figure that
>> this
>> is a lower-priority issue since the problem would go away if they just
>> relaunch Tomcat.
>>

> ok thanks ! for me it is a high priority. it is quite difficult to
> develop in this condition.
> If I don't find something this evening, I will start a discussion on
> the J2 mailing list.
>

>> DerShung

org.apache.jetspeed.factory.JetspeedPortletFactory.getPortletClassLoader(Jet

>> speedPortletFactory.java:216)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.request.JetspeedRequestContext.getPreferedLanguage(Jetsp

>> eedRequestContext.java:497)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerTool.getTitle(JetspeedPowerTool.ja

>> va:993)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerTool.getTitle(JetspeedPowerTool.ja

>> va:972)
>>        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor240.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>        at

>> .java:25)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>>        at

org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.invoke(Ub

>> erspectImpl.java:267)
>>        at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:197

>> )
>>        at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.ja

>> va:175)
>>        at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.render(ASTReference.jav

>> a:220)
>>        at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:23

>> 0)
>>        at
>> org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse.render(Parse.java:181)
>>        at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.jav

>> a:114)
>>        at
>> org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:55)
>>
>>        at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render(ASTIfStatement

>> .java:70)
>>        at
>> org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:55)
>>
>>        at
>> org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach.render(Foreach.java:166)
>>        at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.jav

>> a:114)
>>        at
>> org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:55)
>>
>>        at
>> org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach.render(Foreach.java:166)
>>        at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTDirective.render(ASTDirective.jav

>> a:114)
>>        at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:23

>> 0)
>>        at org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:256)
>>        at

org.apache.portals.bridges.velocity.BridgesVelocityViewServlet.mergeTemplate

>> (BridgesVelocityViewServlet.java:118)
>>        at

org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.doRequest(Unknown

>> Source)
>>        at
>> org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.doGet(Unknown
>> Source)
>>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>>        at

>> FilterChain.java:237)
>>        at

>> ain.java:157)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.

>> java:704)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatch

>> er.java:590)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher

>> .java:510)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.dispatcher.JetspeedRequestDispatcher.include(JetspeedReq

>> uestDispatcher.java:65)
>>        at

org.apache.portals.bridges.common.GenericServletPortlet.doView(GenericServle

>> tPortlet.java:363)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.layout.LayoutPortlet.doView(LayoutPortlet.java:

>> 134)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.layout.MultiColumnPortlet.doView(MultiColumnPor

>> tlet.java:120)
>>        at
>> javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPortlet.java:235)
>>        at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:163)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedContainerServlet.doGet(JetspeedContain

>> erServlet.java:233)
>>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>>        at

>> FilterChain.java:237)
>>        at

>> ain.java:157)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.

>> java:704)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatch

>> er.java:590)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher

>> .java:510)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.container.invoker.ServletPortletInvoker.invoke(ServletPo

>> rtletInvoker.java:215)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.container.invoker.ServletPortletInvoker.render(ServletPo

>> rtletInvoker.java:125)
>>        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor235.invoke(Unknown Source)
>>        at

>> .java:25)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>>        at

org.springframework.aop.framework.AopProxyUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflecti

>> on(AopProxyUtils.java:61)
>>        at

org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopPro

>> xy.java:142)
>>        at $Proxy14.render(Unknown Source)
>>        at

org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerImpl.renderPortlet(PortletContainerImpl.jav

>> a:103)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedPortletContainerWrapper.renderPortlet(

>> JetspeedPortletContainerWrapper.java:88)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.RenderingJob.execute(RenderingJob.java:1

>> 08)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.PortletRendererImpl.renderNow(PortletRen

>> dererImpl.java:103)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.PageAggregatorImpl.aggregateAndRender(Pa

>> geAggregatorImpl.java:261)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.PageAggregatorImpl.build(PageAggregatorI

>> mpl.java:148)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.AggregatorValve.invoke(AggregatorValve.java:4

>> 8)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.ja

>> va:209)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.valve.impl.ActionValveImpl.invoke(ActionValveIm

>> pl.java:117)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.ja

>> va:209)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.container.ContainerValve.invoke(ContainerValve.java:76)

>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.ja

>> va:209)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.impl.ProfilerValveImpl.invoke(ProfilerValveImpl

>> .java:133)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.ja

>> va:209)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.PasswordCredentialValveImpl.invoke(Passwor

>> dCredentialValveImpl.java:139)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.ja

>> va:209)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.AbstractSecurityValve$1.run(AbstractSecuri

>> tyValve.java:117)
>>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>>        at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:437)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.AbstractSecurityValve.invoke(AbstractSecur

>> ityValve.java:111)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.ja

>> va:209)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.container.url.impl.PortalURLValveImpl.invoke(PortalURLVa

>> lveImpl.java:55)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.ja

>> va:209)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.impl.CapabilityValveImpl.invoke(CapabilityV

>> alveImpl.java:127)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.ja

>> va:209)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.localization.impl.LocalizationValveImpl.invoke(Localizat

>> ionValveImpl.java:122)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invokeNext(JetspeedPipeline.ja

>> va:209)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invoke(JetspeedPipeline.java:1

>> 91)
>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.engine.AbstractEngine.service(AbstractEngine.java:257)

>>        at

org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet.doGet(JetspeedServlet.java:225)

>>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>>        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>>        at

>> FilterChain.java:237)
>>        at

>> ain.java:157)
>>        at

>> va:214)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex

>> t.java:104)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContext

>> Valve.java:198)
>>        at

>> va:152)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex

>> t.java:104)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase

>> .java:462)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex

>> t.java:102)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137

>> )
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex

>> t.java:104)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118

>> )
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex

>> t.java:102)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

>>        at

>> :109)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex

>> t.java:104)
>>        at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

>>        at
>> org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
>>        at
>> org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
>>        at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)

>>        at

>> ction(Http11Protocol.java:705)
>>        at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)