From Christophe Lombart <christophe.lomb...@sword-technologies.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed deployment issue
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:17:47 GMT

DerShung Yang wrote:

> Hi, I just started trying to get Graffito up and running on my machine
> and ran into some problem deploying Graffito into Jetspeed 2.
> Basically, the current version of maven.xml in
> graffito/jetspeed2-deploy does a direct copy of
> src/assembly/jetspeed-spring.xml into the deployed Jetspeed directory
> (webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/assembly). However, the jetspeed-spring.xml
> in Graffito seems out of date compared to the latest one from
> Jetspeed, causing some conflicts at runtime.

That's strange, I'm using a recent Jetspeed 2 update.

> I was able to fix this problem by modifying
> graffito/jetspeed2-deploy/maven.xml so that it dynamically inserts the
> two Graffito entries (i.e., ContentServer and ContentModel) into the
> deployed jetspeed-spring.xml. The modified maven.xml also has some
> rudimentary protection against re-insertion for re-deployment by
> checking if the word “graffito” is already present in the
> jetspeed-spring.xml file. Not a perfect solution, but should alleviate
> some of the issues associated with static file copying. The modified
> maven.xml is attached.

Thanks for the patch, I'm going to check it ASAP (probably tomorrow). I
like your patch :-) It is always tedious to check if the
jetspeed-spring.xml is still up to date.

> I’m finally able to get the Graffito content browser portlet running
> inside of Jetspeed 2, although the buttons to add either folders or
> documents don’t work yet (I’ll continue digging into that problem).

Please give more info. What do you see in the edit mode ? The button are
available only in the edit mode. I just commited new features in this
portlet :
In summrary, you can now :
In the view mode : Browser and view folders & documents.
In the edit mode : add, delete folders & documents, upload documents &
use the HTML editor (currenlty Kupu).

I'm going to add more and more features in this portlet.

> Anyway, I thought I might share my two cents. With limited exposure to
> Graffito, I hope this fix makes sense. Or if there’s better way to
> handle this, please let me know.

All contribution makes sense ! You are welcome and thanks again.

> I don’t know if this is the right venue to communicate this type of
> issues. Or should I use Jira?

Yes, Jira is more appropriate to communicate this kind of issues.

Regards,
Christophe