From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LGPLand the ASF projects
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:44:59 GMT
Christophe@aptiwan.com wrote:
> Is there somewhere an html page in the ASF site which explain all the
> details on the license compatibilities ?

Check out http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/LicenceIssues
for the current situation.

> last questions :
> What about the BSD license ? :-)

BSD is fine. The BSD statement needs to be appended in the NOTICE file
distributed with Apache 2 licensed work.

> If the editor component is not distributed with Graffito, can I explain
> how to integrate this editor in the Graffito documentation ?

I don't any reason to prevent it. This issue with LGPL is not really
that its intent is not copatible with ASL but simply that's it's unclear
how it would apply in Java technology. Documentation doesn't have this
issue.

PS: Please fix your email From: header

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org