From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: 2 or more component services for the same interface
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:49:59 GMT
Christophe wrote:
> David Sean Taylor wrote:
>>> Supporting another kind of content stores (WEBDAV, fs, ...)  is made
>>> via the ContentStore interface and Server interface.
>>

>> Specifically, right now I need a FS impl with minimal leveling, for
>> now read-only.
>

> Do you need indexing & searching ? if yes, I want to make a proposal for
> an event handler which can be used to index, notify, .... I think AOP
> can help.

Yes.
I have a Lucene index here that I've created.
Would like to adapt Graffito over it somehow
I plan to start on that next week

>> Will all the documents and folders in my FS store need to have
>> corresponding rows in the master store DB (CMS_OBJECT)?
>>
> No. There is no need to add one record in the master store for each
> document & folders found in your FS.
> The main goal of the master store DB is to list all server references.

I like it. Its works well for my needs.

> Eventually you can add some contents and folders in it but it not
> mandatory. So, CMS_OBJECT is used only if you want to add content in
> this Master store.
> Just for the info : if you have only one content store, your fs can be
> the Graffito master store. It is up to you to choose which server will
> be the master store :-)  This is specify in the Spring assembly script.

I'll give it a try

>> OK, Im going to try to write a FS ContentStore implementation and
>> Server. Again I will need to ability to 'attach' FS store root at run
>> time, same old problem there :)
>>
> That's already supported with ContentServerService.addServer(Server).
> Check the unit tests you should fine a example. We need to build a admin
> portlet to manage thoses servers (DB, FS, WEBDAV,...).

great!

> Good decision :-)  We can build later a VFS plugin.

+1
Well Im going to try this out this afternoon.
Will let you know how it goes....

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software