From "LOMBART Christophe" <Christophe.LOMB...@sword-technologies.com>
Subject Re: Unit Tests - FileSystemServer
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:29:43 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:

> Christophe wrote:
>
>> David,
>>
>> If one unit test failed, the test db was not clean up properly. This is certainly
the reason why your unit tests failed last week. I just added a new maven goal ( db.reinit.test
) which is called before starting the unit tests.
>> Now it should work. Let me know if it is not working for you.
>>
>> Second point, the unit test for the FileSystemServer failed for different reasons
:
>> * Missing constructor in FileSystemContentStore. Now, it is not possible to build
the project if the constructor is missing in a ContentStore implementation. All Content Store
implementation should inherit from the new class : AbstractContentStore.
>> * the Master Store Schema was not yet ready to support a FS server reference. I modified
the DB schema in order to support this kind of server.

>> Everything has been fixed. Make an update to see my changes and you can continue
your work on the FS implementation.

>> The work completed by yourself shows that it is not easy to add a new content store
type. We have to find a better solution. it is tedious to change the DB schema each time a
new kind of content store is needed.
>> Maybe a  xml config file should be more appropriate. What do you think about that
?

>> Christophe
>>

> Im having trouble SVN updating from subclipse, but it works fine from the cmdline.
> Going to have to clean check out I think, not sure whats up

I have the same issue with subeclipse. I'm using TortoiseSvn wich works fine.

* I changed the DB schema in order to support the FS connection param (mainly the root attribute).
* Fix minor issues.

See my previous mail.

> I saw where you had to change the OJB mapping.
> I guess I need to spend a little more time reviewing the code before I can make an educated
suggestion. Im not going to have anytime today, will review it tomorrow

I changed the DB schema and than the OJB mapping. Each kind of server needs different connection
parameters. So, I have to add extra columns to store thoses connections parameters (eg. you
FS server needs a root attribute). If we want to use a DB to manage the content server references
at runtime, we have to define a more generic model like :

                  1              N
             Server ---------->  ConnectionParam

Regards,
Christophe