From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Strategy moving towards Gora 0.2 release
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:16:05 GMT
Hi Guys,

I wanted to wait until we heard back from the board regarding graduation
before passing this one off.

What are the general feelings about preparing for a 0.2 release?

I would like to view the following

1) Currently there are 16 open issues for the 0.2-incubating release [1],
of these there don't appear to be any major bugs, however there are some
which I think should definitely be addressed such as adding Cassandra
tests, getting the new website and accompanying datastore specific
documentation resolved, as well as the licensing issues with the sqlbuilder
dependency (possible rewrite of gora-sql to support JOOQ).
2) It would be absolutely great if we could get the gora-solr store (nearly
there pending review and tests passing), and the gora-accumulo store
(nearly there pending review) integrated as this would give us an
oppertunity to open Gora up to two other communities, hopefully driving on
development between 0.2 release and 0.3 release phase.
3) I would like to rejig the entire site to a Maven build, working on
another incubating project, some of the dev's recently got a new site up
and running [2], it looks great and is incredibly easy to deploy to. I
think we could do with something similar for Gora. As we require a TLP
site, this would be a great time to sort this stuff out.

What does everyone think about this? I know there is a bit gfo workt o be
done, and there is no immediate rush to do this, however I'm really keen to
get Gora out there and to get people buzzing about it. This will also mean
that some addition dev work can be put in to Nutchgora branch, hopefully
more people from the Nutch community will see the usefulness of Gora in
solving their problems.

Thanks

Lewis

[1]