From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hector support for Apache Gora
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 21:21:39 GMT
Hi Chris,

Please check this out and add/comment as you or anyone else sees fit.

Hi Patricio,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, its really great to hear that there is
an interest to collaborate, which I'm sure will lead to improvements on
both the Hector and Gora fronts :0)

As it stands we are currently in the process of pushing out our graduation
from the Apache Incubator as there is growing interest in Gora as a
project. As I briefly mentioned on the Hector dev list I am excited about
integrating more of the expressiveness of the Hector API into Gora and
generally speaking this is a real exciting time for us with lots of work to
do.

At this stage it would be great to hear about any use cases or data
problems which you think Gora could be used to address, this might give us
an opportunity to log and begin working on some issues concerning the
gora-cassandra module.

At this stage in time you may wish to explore some of the Gora site docs
[1], the code [2] and maybe a short tutorial [3] (the link to which seems
to be broken just now!). Also our Jira issue tracker [4] to see the
gora-cassandra specific problems we are currently working on.

Looking forward to working and learning more about Hector in the near
future.

Kind Regards

Lewis

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/gora/