From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gora & Riak
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:14:12 GMT
Hi Nate,
Thanks for shipping in on this one.
Based on our vision for data persistence; we describe within the scope to
support object mapping to Column stores such as HBase, Cassandra,
Hypertable; key-value stores such as Voldermort, Redis, etc; SQL databases,
such as MySQL, HSQLDB, flat files in local file system of Hadoop HDFS.

I assume at some stage in the future, someone will come along and implement
a module for gora-voldermort or gora-redis... so maybe gora-riak?

I think a big part of this is to open up Gora as a project to as many
communities as possible, if people have problems which Gora can address and
help to solve then maybe we are missing an oppertunity if we don't act. I
am personally not using Riak but some guys I know are using it, I just
wondered if gora-riak was a go'er...?

Thanks for now
Lewis

--