From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject JOOQ for Gora
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:03:26 GMT
Hi Lukas,

This is great that you contacted us, thank you. I'm Cc in gora-dev@ because
I think integrating JOOQ API into Gora is something that will inevitably
affect the entire gora-sql module and subsequently we will make better
decisions for the project as a community.

WRT the SQL module, this is not the primary focus for Apache Gora, that
being said it is extremely important for us to use implementations that do
the best job available. Basically, our original reasoning behind removal of
the sqlbuilder library is described within the Jira issue you replied to,
with this in mind I discovered JOOQ and am personally drawn towards it due
to it:
-released on ASL 2.0
- supporting a myriad of SQL stores

I wonder if you can explain a bit more (either on this thread or on the
issue) about what benefits JOOQ would provide if we were to use it within
Apache Gora?

Thanks again for getting in touch.

Best

Lewis