From Andrzej Bialecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Strategy moving towards Gora 0.2 release
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 21:59:26 GMT
On 26/01/2012 13:16, Lewis John Mcgibbney wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I wanted to wait until we heard back from the board regarding graduation
> before passing this one off.
>
> What are the general feelings about preparing for a 0.2 release?
>
> I would like to view the following
>
> 1) Currently there are 16 open issues for the 0.2-incubating release [1],
> of these there don't appear to be any major bugs, however there are some
> which I think should definitely be addressed such as adding Cassandra
> tests, getting the new website and accompanying datastore specific
> documentation resolved, as well as the licensing issues with the sqlbuilder
> dependency (possible rewrite of gora-sql to support JOOQ).
> 2) It would be absolutely great if we could get the gora-solr store (nearly
> there pending review and tests passing), and the gora-accumulo store
> (nearly there pending review) integrated as this would give us an
> oppertunity to open Gora up to two other communities, hopefully driving on
> development between 0.2 release and 0.3 release phase.

I'm interested in pushing forward gora-solr. I believe that with the
recent developments in Solr (SolrCloud has just been committed to trunk)
this backend + Nutch Gora could offer a convenient, mostly
single-technology, combined crawl/store/search platform.

The issues with gora-solr tests were related to unclear semantics of
some operations. I know there has been some progress on this since that
patch was created, so I'd like to bring it up to date (using Solr trunk).

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><