From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Taking notice of community comments
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 21:36:02 GMT
Hi Guys,

If you take a look at this thread here [1], Sebb and others kindly offered
various opinions prior to the 0.1-incubating release. In summary these were
with regards to the following
1) The source distribution (or any )should not include all the .gitignore
files, I'm aware that Gora was originally (solely) hosted on GitHub but not
anymore so is it possible to remove these?
2) The fact that we are still shipping with several jars in SVN, when we
come round to pushing a release these will also be in the source archive.
The offending ones are
- cassandra-all-0.8.0.jar
- hector-core-0.8.0-1.jar
- thrift-0.2.0.jar
- ivy-2.1.0.jar
Can these be removed? I am firmly for the vote to remove the ones in
gora-cassandra module as we now suppport Cassandra 1.X, what about
gora-hbase? As the Ivy stuff is not being maintained does anyone have a
preference on this?

Thanks

Lewis

[1]