From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra Client for Gora trunk
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 20:11:12 GMT
Hi guys,

I've been trying to get to the bottom of a couple of gora-cassandra module
related discrepancies this week. As far as I'm aware, the best information
for this stuff can be found on Alexis' blog [1]. I have one, pretty major
question... what Cassandra client are we using for the module? the module's
ivy.xml has it as thrift, however when using there are unresolved
dependencies when I'm building Nutchgora.

Alexis' blog quotes the Hector client. However this is not activated in the
modules ivy.xml...

Can anyone clarify where we have agreements on this one or more importantly
what is a realistic vision to be working towards as a community, if
required we can get a jira filed which accurately describes the problem and
a cure. Currently GORA-22 is pretty unclear and pretty outdated, however
the strange thing is that it seems to have been addressed!

Thank you for any comments.

[1] http://techvineyard.blogspot.com/#Cassandra_in_Gora

--
*Lewis*