From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal to change the build tool and project structure
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 07:15:18 GMT
+1 on changing the build tool.
-1 on collapsing everything to a single module.

Allow me to explain my -1 on collapsing everything to a single module. The
main point is that it has no added value. Modules do not add complexity. I
have been working on projects hundreds of maven modules and they were just
working fine (e.g. Apache Camel). On the contrary they allow you to keep
things clean and tidy. By that I mean that the user can select to use just
the modules he wishes to, without having to download the extra burden of
unwanted modules + their transitive dependencies. From the developer
perspective, a single module would require a full build to test a single
change, which will consume more time etc.

Having an OSGi mindset I think that modularity is a quality and that we
should preserve/promote it as much as possible.

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

**