From Claudio Martella <claudio.marte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does Giraph support labeled graphs?
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:22:52 GMT
The problem with this approach is that Giraph doesn't support
multi-graphs. Following RDF, you can have multiple edges connecting
the same pair of vertices.
So for methods such as getEdgeValue(I) you'd have to return something
like List<E>. For this, I'd suggest to forget the Giraph specific
methods and just add your own on top, which you will call internally.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Benjamin Heitmann
<benjamin.heitmann@deri.org> wrote:

> Hi Avery and Paolo,
>
> On 11 Apr 2012, at 18:37, Avery Ching wrote:
>
>> There is no "preferred way" to represent labeled graphs.  A close example to your
adjacency list idea is LongDoubleDoubleAdjacencyListVertexInputFormat.

> Exactly. Giraph supports labeled Graphs very easily.
>
> My reply is a little bit lat, so you probably already figured out the following:
>
> The thing you need to do is create your own class which extends HashMapVertex,
> and as the third parameter of the <I, V, E, M> signature, you provide a Text for
the edge parameter. No other code is required in that class in order to
> use the edge labels then AFAIK.
>
> But you will need to write a VertexInputFormat class to fill the edges when you parse
your input.

--
   Claudio Martella
   claudio.martella@gmail.com