From "Fleischman, Stephen (ISS SCI - Plano TX)" <stephen.fleisch...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Questions about the shortest path example
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 07:11:31 GMT
Actually what I've done is construct the adjacency list prior to running the job. The data
sets so far are not very big so a simple Perl script did the trick.  For larger data sets
I'll use MapReduce.

Thank you,
Steve

From: Avery Ching [mailto:aching@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 2:06 AM
To: giraph-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Questions about the shortest path example

If I'm understanding your question correctly, when you load the vertex, you'll want to read
all the lines of the same vertex id and then construct the vertex with the edges.  The edges
of the vertex need not be sorted.  But the lines of the same vertex id will have to be grouped
together so that you can process one vertex at a time.  This is the case until something like
GIRAPH-155 is completed.

Avery