From David Garcia <dgar...@potomacfusion.com>
Subject creating non existing vertices by sending messages
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 16:30:51 GMT
I just wanted to send this out because I remember reading a discussion on
this topic.  Currently, graph will create a vertex in the graph if a
message is sent to a vertexID that doesn't exist.  Personally, I really
really like this behavior.  It enables me to forgo vertex creation if I
don't need it.  If I need the vertex, I can simply send a message to
create it, and process the message that was sent.  I understand that there
are some concerns with this. . .I would suggest making this behavior
configurable at job creation.  This would be an awesome compromise, and
would not preclude either type of behavior.

-David