From Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use Giraph to simulate Storm ?
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 01:41:46 GMT
Interesting idea.  You could actually implement the code to load the new
input data in preSuperstep().  If the input data is resilient (i.e.
stored on HDFS), then the system would inherit Giraph's reliability
guarantees.  Implementing an external trigger to stop the application
wouldn't be too difficult, (i.e. dump a file stamp or something and
check for it every n supersteps).  Still, as I'm not that familiar with
Storm, what would be the advantages of this over Storm?

Avery