From Claudio Martella <claudio.marte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a global state I can use?
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 15:52:56 GMT
Hi,

a general way of collecting data from all the vertices is using an
Aggregator. An aggregator collects messages from all the vertices (who
decide to write to it) and it can be read by all the vertices. You
could easily implement your statistics from there. Aggregators are
computed both on the workers and on the master, so it could be quite
scalable.

Hope it helps,
Claudio

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 4:29 PM,  <listenbruder@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> a plan to use Giraph for a use case where nodes send messages depending on some global
distribution of a value. For instance, nodes have a numeric value. Thus there is a global
distribution of that value. Now I want all nodes to take an action, i.e., send messages, that
have a value in say the top 1% of all values.

--
   Claudio Martella
   claudio.martella@gmail.com