From Jakob Homan <jgho...@gmail.com>
Subject Please welcome our newest committer and PPMC member, Sebastian!
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2011 03:03:33 GMT
Folks, I'm excited to announce that the Giraph PPMC has voted
Sebastian Schelter as a committer and PPMC member.  Sebastian has
jumped right int, contributing great patches, such as the recent
implementation of the HCC algorithm for identifying all connected
components of a graph (GIRAPH-115) and also publicizing the project
(for example, his recent blog post: Why Apache Giraph is More Than A
Graph Processing System
http://ssc.io/why-apache-giraph-is-more-than-a-graph-processing-system/).

I'm ecstatic at how quickly the Giraph community is developing, from
all around the world, with contributions from both industry and
academia.  For me, this is what creating software in Apache is all
about.  Happy holidays and here's to a great 2011, Giraphing all the
way.

-Jakob