From Avery Ching <ach...@apache.org>
Subject Re: stand alone implementation
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2011 15:07:10 GMT
Hi Gavan,

Giraph can run on a single machine as well as multiple machines, just
like Hadoop.  Our test suite can be run with or without a running Hadoop
instance as an example.

If you want to take advantage of multiple cores though, you might want
to try running Hadoop with multiple map slots on the single node and
then using the appropriate number of workers.

Hope that helps,

Avery