incubator-giraph-dev mailing list archives

From Hyunsik Choi <hyun...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dev process
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 17:17:00 GMT
+1 Review than commit process

--
Hyunsik Choi

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 1:13 AM, Avery Ching <aching@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> I agree that RTC is better for us, although in case of build breakage, I'm okay with
CTR in that case.

> Avery
>
> On Aug 31, 2011, at 9:09 AM, Jakob Homan wrote:
>
>> RTC is definitely the way to go (he said with a weary sigh).
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 6:32 AM, Owen O'Malley <owen@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>> All,
>>>   It seems that we've implicitly picked review then commit (RTC) instead of
commit then review (CTR). Apache projects allow either approach and I'm fine with either.
We should just state what we are doing.
>>>   I'd also like to propose that we keep a CHANGES.txt file that includes who
contributed and committed each patch. I've created GIRAPH-19 to do that.