incubator-general mailing list archives

From York Shen <shenyua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IP Clearance Process for Incubating projects
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2019 09:31:49 GMT
This is not done yet.

The code owner of a third-party tool [1] is willing to give the donation to ASF, and I’m
happy to receive the donation.

I think I shall get the ICLAs/SGA signed by the code owner and send the result to dev@weex.apache.org
<mailto:dev@weex.apache.org> , then I am confused about what to do next.

I have also read the mentor-guide[2] , and the section about "Having trouble getting software
transferred to ASF."  is blank now. A brief introduction about how to continue the donation
is really appreciated, and I am happy to fill out the donation section in mentor-guide after
donation is done if my experience is needed.

[1] https://github.com/weexteam/weex-loader <https://github.com/weexteam/weex-loader>
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Mentor+FAQ#suggested-action <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Mentor+FAQ#suggested-action>

Best Regards,
York Shen

申远

<mailto:dev@weex.apache.org>), what should I do next ?

> IMO If that already been done, I don’t see any harm in using the standard process,
if that’s the easy path. What's important is that the code have clear IP provenance and
the project has permission to use it and it’s licensed under an ALv2 compatible license.
Perhaps if we had more information we could provide better guidance?