incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brian Spector <br...@qredo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Milagro (incubating) Crypto Libraries v1.0.0
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2019 20:52:26 GMT
All of the code was either written from scratch (with current contributors and/or PPMC members)
or contributed as part of the initial IP/software contribution via the initial software/IP
grant in the CCLA executed by me when I was CEO at MIRACL in 2016, or work by other contributors
which include Qredo staff as referenced by the CCLA executed by Qredo this year.

We have another code contribution coming into the project via Qredo (Decentralized Trust Authority
client software), and the software grant and CCLA executed by Qredo was sent to the Apache
Foundation Secretary office this July. All agreements are on file with the Secretary.

I will open a vote on the new software contribution from Qredo shortly for the Decentralized
Trust Authority client software asap.

Thanks, Justin and all. We are very happy to have hit this milestone.

Brian

________________________________
From: Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
Sent: 24 August 2019 1:29 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org <general@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Milagro (incubating) Crypto Libraries v1.0.0

Hi,

+1 (binding) if a question below can be answered

I can see that the JS code includes a lot of standard algorithms, but the files have ASF headers
and no 3rd party code is mentioned in LICENSE or in the files themselves that I can see. Was
all of this code written entirely from scratch or do parts of the code base come from elsewhere
and if so where? (I note that searching for some of the comments in the code points me to
similar 3rd party code - although that may be a coincidence.)

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signatures and hashes are good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE is fine but the copyright line in the appendix should not be changed
- NOTICE is good
- All source file has ASF headers
- No ungcpecte binary files in the release
- No need to compile

Thanks,
Justin