incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Business decisions and risk (was: [DISCUSS] IPMC votes on releases)
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2019 10:51:12 GMT
On Wed, Aug 14, 2019, 00:33 Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Q: Does the IPMC want to produce non-ASF releases?
>
> A: We already are

Not true, as you well know. Whether we call the above a lie, or
misdirection is left to the reader.

The IPMC currently attempts to ensure all podling releases conform to
policy, and then/thus calls them ASF releases.

This thread is to ask about stopping that approach. That we can/should make
a business decision to accept the moot risk of placing podling releases on
our distribution servers.

-g