incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joshua Poore <poor...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flagon UserALE.js (Incubating) v2.0.2
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2019 04:32:08 GMT
Hi Justin,

Thanks for the attention on this VOTE.

I asked you about this after you caught the missing disclaimer, but didn’t hear back inside
of 24 hours so I made a judgement call—I hope I did the right thing. Would appreciate any
guidance on my logic here.

My logic in this case was that because our Disclaimer was in src, and there were no issues
with the Disclaimer itself, repackaging the RC with the Disclaimer in the .bin files would
not have required any new commits to files. +1s from dev@ (especially Binding) would have
indicated approval of the Disclaimer as well.

Were it the case that I needed to modify file content for compliance, I would have had to
change the commit stream and push tags forward. In the case, I would have certainly kicked
back to dev@ to VOTE again.

Also, a little confused about Dave Fisher’s response in our VOTE thread. He said,

    "You have enough IPMC votes from your mentors.

    I think you are good.”

We had +3 IPMC VOTES on dev@, however, to date we only have +2 on general@. Do I need one
more on general@?

Josh

> On Aug 21, 2019, at 12:09 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> It's a little unusual as they voted before the binary was changed so this really should
have been two seperate vote threads. But I ‘m fine if you count them this time.