incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sheng Zha <zhash...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.5.0.rc2
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2019 22:46:10 GMT
These licenses are for using MKL (the full release) as BLAS library. This functionality is
optional and is not enabled by default. MKL is not shipped in source code.

-sz

On 2019/07/15 22:39:14, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just taking at look at the release and noticed the LICENSE file includes the "Intel®
Simplified license” this includes this clause "No reverse engineering, decompilation, or
disassembly of this Software is permitted.” and there's also a "Limited patent license”
mentioned which may be of concern. This license is listed as a Category X license [1] so is
not allowed in a source release or as a dependancy  (unless it’s optional).