incubator-general mailing list archives

From Duane Merrill <dumerr...@nvidia.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.5.0.rc2
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2019 19:14:26 GMT
Hi,
I'm the author of CUB, and in particular, [9] (half.h) below.
>> but what about the last one [9]?
The boilerplate no-redistribution license at top of half.h was an oversight; it should read
the same as the BSD-style headers for the rest of CUB's source files.  (It was cribbed from
an internal project to facilitate regression testing, and isn't part of the core library.
 I simply forgot to update the header when adding regression tests for that data type type.)
I've updated the source for half.h in CUB's master branch (see https://github.com/NVlabs/cub/blob/master/test/half.h).
 However, it would be several days before I could qualify and tag a new release version (v1.8.1)
of CUB.  Further, there are several other aspects of "master" that are ahead of the current
v1.8.0 branch, which might impact your own release qualification process.  Let me know if
snapping a new release would be a priority for you.
Happy to help,
Duane
_____________________
Duane Merrill, PhD
Principal Research Scientist
NVIDIA Corporation
dumerrill@nvidia.com<mailto:dumerrill@nvidia.com>

On 2019/07/17 05:08:08, Justin Mclean <j...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,>
>
> > It's added in this PR[1] which is trying to improve our LICENSE file. >
>
> Thanks for that.>
>
> > I have verified all license in the top level LICENSE file are included in>
> > source release except this MKL BLAS license.>
>
> I run the release through Fossology [1] and did some spot checks (not an exhaustive check)
and it found a number of things:>

> - [2] Seems to be BSD 3 clause not BSD 2 clause>
> - LICENSE seems to be missing info on [3][4][5][6][7][8] (all are permissive licenses).
There might be other things missing.>

> - This file [9] may be an issue as it contains "Redistribution and use in source and
binary forms, with or without modification, are not permitted.">

> There was not other category X license or included files that I could see. Obviously
the first 2 are fix next release sort of issues, but what about the last one [9]?>