incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.5.0.rc2
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2019 05:08:08 GMT
Hi,

> It’s added in this PR[1] which is trying to improve our LICENSE file.

Thanks for that.

> I have verified all license in the top level LICENSE file are included in
> source release except this MKL BLAS license.

I run the release through Fossology [1] and did some spot checks (not an exhaustive check)
and it found a number of things:
- [2] Seems to be BSD 3 clause not BSD 2 clause
- LICENSE seems to be missing info on [3][4][5][6][7][8] (all are permissive licenses). There
might be other things missing.
- This file [9] may be an issue as it contains "Redistribution and use in source and binary
forms, with or without modification, are not permitted.”

There was not other category X license or included files that I could see. Obviously the first
2 are fix next release sort of issues, but what about the last one [9]?

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.fossology.org
2. /3rdparty/onnx-tensorrt/third_party/onnx/third_party/pybind11/tools/FindPythonLibsNew.cmake
3. /src/operator/contrib/erfinv-inl.h
4. /3rdparty/nvidia_cub/test/mersenne.h
5. /3rdparty/onnx-tensorrt/third_party/onnx/third_party/pybind11/tools/FindEigen3.cmake
6. /3rdparty/onnx-tensorrt/third_party/onnx/tools/protoc-gen-mypy.py
7. /src/operator/special_functions-inl.h
8. /3rdparty/tvm/3rdparty/rang/LICENSE
9 ./3rdparty/nvidia_cub/test/half.h