incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Podlings, the Incubator, relationships and Apache
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2019 01:37:27 GMT
Hi,

> After we resolve this, I *really* would like to switch the convo around to a discussion
as deep, and as involved, but related to the other (IMO, more important) side of the Incubator
coin: education in the Apache Way. So much derives from that... even the legal considerations
of releases ultimately can be found there, IMO. And I still maintain that we do a Not-So-Good
job here.

+1000 I expect this to a be a difficult conversation as well (as it has been in the past).
Some of this is because there are many different interpretations of the Apache Way and that
who know it well may not be the best teachers. I mean no offence by that statement but say
it because that knowledge is instinctual / unconscious and that makes it hard to explain and
pass on, experts in any given field are not always the best teachers. hopefully we have exceptions
here.

Thanks,
Justin