incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Recommend 'Apache OpenWhisk graduation to Top Level Project' resolution to the board
Date Mon, 08 Jul 2019 17:29:32 GMT
+1 (binding)

I’ve reviewed the Maturity Model, recent activity, and the large number of repositories(51)
vs. released artifacts (21) [1][2]

I wanted to note two things:
- In looking at contributing [2] I notice that there is a higher bar than many projects in
requiring an ICLA. Given the large number of repositories I think that this reasonable especially
given that the current Apache Secretary is also a Mentor and proposed PMC member. In the long
run I hope that these contributors can quickly become committers!

- Given that most of the repositories are yet to be released with some untouched in two years,
I would hope that as the PMC moves the repositories it will identify what the future state
is for each repository - planned, tools, released, template, dormant and retired. For example,
the devtools repository [3] looks like there should be tags corresponding to the version of
devtools used to build each release. This is a technical detail which I’m sure the PMC will
need to address in the future and nothing to hold up the process.

Cheers for showing that it is possible to incubate a project with a large number of products
in The Apache Way™!

All the best,
Dave

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/clutch/openwhisk.html