incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: New disclaimer text
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2019 19:36:53 GMT

> On Jul 3, 2019, at 12:32 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 12:29 PM Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

with ASF policy. For example, releases may have incomplete or unreviewed licensing conditions.
Known issues will be described on the project’s status page."

if the issue is discovered during the release vote. Why? Because we are trying to allow the
release to go through without redoing it and this would require reworking the release.

is not easily feasible and decreases the burden.

>>> Nobody is suggesting the policing bit. What I'm suggesting is a
>>> central place for that information to be collated. Whether that
>>> becomes a showstopper for a release gets decided by the VOTE. But what
>>> I'm saying is that we shouldn't be in a position where we have to hunt
>>> for *known* and *acknowledged* issues all over the place (JIRA,
>>> mailing lists, wiki, website, etc.). Lets at least make sure we make
>>> our downstream consumer's life a bit easier.
>>
>> My suggestion is that we put these onto our neglected status pages. I’m also willing
to work on enhancing the status page and process to make this easy for Podlings to do.

> Sure, that's a reasonable place too, but the problem is -- it doesn't
> help our downstream consumers.
>
> What I'm trying to say is this, I'd like:
>   1. this information to be available in one centralized location (per project)
>   2. be easily discoverable by downstream consumers
>
> If we all agree that #1 is desired (and sounds like we are). Then #2
> can simply contain a link to #1 -- that'd be fine.
>
> Makes sense?

Yes. I’ll put some effort into the status page in the next week and come back when I have
a sample where we can all iterate on the content.

Best Regards,
Dave