incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matt Rutkowski <mrutkow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenWhisk Runtimes v1.13.0-incubating
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2019 16:22:42 GMT
Hi Justin,

Given the documented rationale of where we use the mini-header (https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-release/blob/master/docs/license_compliance.md#project-asf-License-header-policy)
are there specific files (types) or specific files themselves where you believe they are not
appropriate uses of the header?  We tried very hard to only use min-headers in cases where
they were config/property/test/simple script type files (often used by tooling).

thx,
-matt

On 2019/06/09 13:50:12, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry to be clearer re the short header issue I suggest you read [1]. It may be used
with mages, minified JavaScript or PDFs, that’s not the case where it’s been used in your
releases and this has been pointed out several times. If there are other cases where you have
confirmed with legal-discuss that OK to use then please point them out. While this is only
a minor issue, but its vest to comply with ASF policy. What I consider a little more serious
is that issues nee reoccurring after they have been pointed out.