incubator-general mailing list archives

From Antoine Toulme <anto...@toulme.name>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Tuweni (incubating) 0.7.0
Date Sat, 01 Jun 2019 04:28:12 GMT
Hi Justin,

This class is not GPL. It was written by me. It is based on the ProgPoW algorithm specification.
That specification is licensed CC0, scroll to the bottom of the README please: https://github.com/ifdefelse/ProgPOW/blob/master/README.md

I’ll address the other points separately.

> On May 31, 2019, at 20:29, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> -1 for missing DISCLAIMER, GPL source code in the release and a compiled code in the
release.

> I suggest you use a checklist like this one to help you. [1]. This page is also very
useful when making your license and notice filed [2].

> If you need any help or want the IPMC to check think before you make a release just ask.
>
> I checked:
> - incubating in name
> - DISCLAIMER is missing
> - LICENSE is missing a number of things (see below)
> - NOTICE contains license information that should be in LICENSE
> - Source file have ASF headers
> - There’s an unexpected binary file in the release [11]
> - THE GPL licensed content in the release
> - I didn’t try to compile the code
>
> LICENSE is missing license:
> - for this this file [3] which may be this [4]
> - this file [5] which also include has two headers.
> - in the directory of [5] other files have ASF headers and I’m wondering if they should,
looking at [6] it mention this link [7]  which is GPL licensed [8]. GPL licensed code can’t
be included in a source release,