incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT] Board proposal on podling releases
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2019 23:57:02 GMT
Hi,

> Boring imo. You have to try hard to screw up Cat B (though I’ve seen it
> done).

Really? Category B source code is generally not allowed in sources releases. It's actually
Category X. Category B as image and the like is allowed.

> I mean clearly against the terms and intention. i.e. I’m less cut up if a
> 3rd party project did a crap job of their attribution such that we had to
> fix their problems in obeying their license. GPL, MPL can happily be
> included; it breaks our policy not their license.

Well if you include GPL (and this has happened), you need to abide by terms of it license,
claiming it's ALv2 doesn’t really do that.

> We should decouple (a copy of) the disclaimer. Put it next you KEYS
> perhaps. Our desire for atomic artifacts causes a lot of our pain.

I think that’s an interesting idea.

Thanks,
Justin